Herman Au Photography

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I'm a professional wedding photographer based in Los Angeles California. Follow my footsteps in turning my life long hobby into a career I love, and check out my latest work, newest products, teasers, and photography tutorials. I shoot in an unobtrusive photojournalistic style with an emphasis on natural and genuine emotions. You can find my portfolio on my website - http://www.hermanau.com.

Friday, April 20, 2007

FixNEF, yes seriously, Fix your NEF!

Huge props to Jaewook Chung writing both programs... this one is probably even better than PreviewExtractor of the previous post. Wow, even taken those pictures that the WB is so messed up that you would have to spend an hour in PS just trying to correct it and eventually fail? Now this tool is here to the rescue... It appears to have a smarter algorithm in correcting white balance, and it modifies your NEF (RAW) file so that you wouldn't have to deal with jpeg loss. The only downside to it? You need Nikon Capture to use in conjunction with it in order to obtain the values you need. Also, too bad it doesn't support my old D50... :P D70, D2X owners, whee! Download the tool here.

No comments: