Herman Au Photography

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I'm a professional wedding photographer based in Los Angeles California. Follow my footsteps in turning my life long hobby into a career I love, and check out my latest work, newest products, teasers, and photography tutorials. I shoot in an unobtrusive photojournalistic style with an emphasis on natural and genuine emotions. You can find my portfolio on my website - http://www.hermanau.com.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Shutter Count - Nikon

Most of you should already know that the life of your DSLR is closely tied to the shutter count. Although there hasn't been any confirmed number of counts on how many times a shutter would fail, but it should give you an idea what the "mileage" is on your camera. It's especially helpful if you were to purchase a pre-owned unit.

I came across this one today for Nikon and I find it doing just that... the shutter count on my D50 actually surprised me at 8367. The D70 I just purchased from a friend is sitting at 7373. On top of that neat feature, it also extracts the largest Jpeg file from your NEF files, and it supports batch operation! Wow! Anyway, here's the link to download yours. :)

No comments: